A home is needed to handle contributions and liaison statements when they are
not directly related to Questions already under study. This Question is also intended
to provide cross-ITU coordination for the many aspects for which Study Group 9 is
responsible and to foster consistency among ITU-T Study Groups, ITU-R Study Groups
as well as with other related bodies. Additionally, this Question provides a focal
point for Study Group 9 matters such as terminology, ICT and climate change,
accessibility, and conformance and interoperability testing.
- When considering new topics for the SG, which actions are needed to address
contributions not related to existing Study Group 9 Questions?
- What are the new or updated Questions that need to be worked on in the SG?
- What are the results of workshops, TSB initiatives, and actions of other
SGs or SDOs that need to be considered under the Study Group work programme?
- What kind of promotional materials (including workshops) can be prepared
to assist in the dissemination of Study Group 9 work?
- What kind of materials (reference implementations, tutorial etc.)
could be made available on the SG website?
- What guides would be needed to help the users to implement the new Recommendations?
- What terms and definitions should be collected and made available to the Study Group 9 rapporteur for vocabulary?
- What coordination needs to take place in Study Group 9 based upon the activities of JCAs?
An up-to-date status of work under this Question is contained in the SG 9 Work Programme
- To identify the needs of the rapidly changing telecommunications marketplace best addressed
by the programme of work of Study Group 9, and to propose new Questions or updates to existing
- to nominate, in collaboration with other SGs or standardization bodies, representatives
in the steering committees of workshops.
- to ensure a coordination among various standards activities mandated to Study Group 9
and collaboration with other standards bodies.
- to serve as a focal point in Study Group 9 for conformance and interoperability testing
based on WTSA-08 Resolution 76.
- to serve as a focal point in Study Group 9 for terms and definitions.
- to ensure accessibility is addressed in appropriate Study Group 9 Recommendations.
- to maintain Recommendations not under the responsibility of other SG 9 Questions. No new Recommendation will be developed under this Question.
- Recommendations: All Recommendations related to Study Group 9 activities.
- Questions: All Questions related to Study Group 9 activities.
- Study Groups: All ITU-T, ITU-R and ITU-D Study Groups with Study Group 9 related activities.
- Standardization bodies: ISO, IEC, ISO/IEC JTC 1, ARIB, ATIS, ETSI, IEEE, IETF, OMA, SCTE, SMPTE.