In the fast evolving world of Telecoms, the modern Telecom Operator
performing Service Provider (SP) and/or Network Operator (NO) roles, needs to be
able to evolve its management activities, processes and management systems to:
- Support a network delivering both today’s services and the “next
generation” of services including, IPTV, Online-Gaming, Grid Services and
- Improve their ability to understand the management requirements of
customers, new services and the networks required to support these services.
- Meet the need to increase the level of customer/user self service (zero
- Support management activities to optimize the business processes.
This question is responsible for identifying the Network Operator’s and
Service Provider’s priorities for the development of Telecoms Management
Recommendations and the developing a program for the fulfilment of these
Close cooperation is required with other SDOs and forums.
Study items to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- What are the Network Operator and Service Provider’s priorities for the
development of Telecoms Management Recommendations?
- What changes are needed to the Study Group work plan to meet the Network
Operator and Service Provider’s priorities?
- What are the Service Provider/Network Operator requirements and
priorities for Telecoms Management activities to support the reduction in
energy consumption in telecommunication systems and networks?
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- To gain an understanding of the Network Operator and Service Provider’s
priorities priorities for the development of Telecoms Management technology
and Recommendations through workshops and joint events with other Forums and
- To establish an ongoing mechanism (e.g. by organizing a series of
workshops and/or a establish permanent advisory group) to agree the
priorities of Network Operator and Service Provider’s priorities in order to
influence the future direction of telecom management including the; strategy
and commit, infrastructure lifecycle management, product lifecycle
management, operations support and readiness, fulfillment, assurance and
billing process areas as they relate to Market Product and Customer
Management, Service Management, Resource Management and Supplier/Partner
management (M.3050 Business Processes).
- To create a plan to allocate responsibilities in other questions to
fulfil the identified priorities.
- Establish and maintain an active liaison and agree priorities with key
SDOs and Forums.
- To fulfil the above tasks, cooperate with the JCA on Management as
Study Groups: 15
Standardization bodies: ETSI, ATIS, TM Forum, IETF