|Seminar Coordination Committee
Terms of Reference
- Guidelines, results and exchange of experience
- study and provide conceptual and strategic guidelines for the preparation, running
and evaluation of workshops and seminars.
- review the extent to which it is possible to follow the conceptual and strategic
guidelines in the preparation, running and evaluation of each seminar or workshop.
- review the reports produced by each seminar or workshop that, inter alia, cover
lessons learned and recommended follow-up actions. These reports should be produced no
later than three months following the events. The report should highlight the needs of
developing countries, if any, and be disseminated as widely as possible.
- contribute to the exchange of positive experience of preparation, running and
evaluation of the workshops and seminars.
- encourage and evaluate the evolving implementation of the gender perspective in the
programme of ITU-T seminars and workshops.
Coordination within ITU-T, and between ITU-T and the other two sectors and the General Secretariat
- coordinate and assess the development of the ITU-T programme of seminars and workshops, taking into
consideration budgetary implications and needs of developing countries.
- coordinate and harmonize the programme of ITU-T seminars and workshops, in close cooperation with
the other two Sectors and the General Secretariat of ITU.
- coordinate and harmonize the programme of ITU-T seminars and workshops, in order to optimize
the participation of non-ITU-T members involved with technological innovation and technical change
(e.g., academia, research organizations, and small and medium enterprises) in as many events as possible.
- work in close cooperation with the Study Groups’ management teams and the TSB.
- take into account relevant topics identified by the Technology Watch function of TSAG, in order to
encourage the eventual organization of a seminar or workshop associated with them.
Coordination between ITU-T and ITU’s regional organizations
- Coordinate and harmonize the programme of ITU-T seminars and workshops in close cooperation
with ITU’s regional organizations.
- provide a report on its activities to each meeting of TSAG for consideration and appropriate action.
Draft SCC Work Plan for 2008