TSAG approved at its meeting (Geneva, 3-7 July 2006), the establishment of a Joint Coordination Activity on Network Aspects of Identification Systems (including RFID) (JCA-NID). Mr. Pierre-André Probst (OFCOM, Switzerland) was appointed as the Convenor of this activity.
JCA-NID is open to members and designated representatives of relevant Standards Development Organization and Forums.
The terms of reference of the JCA-NID are:
- To examine the proposed deliverables of the correspondence group on network aspects of identification systems (including RFID), in order to improve them and use them as baselines texts. Comments are invited on the deliverables from the membership and SGs
- To further develop and analyze the list of standardization items and associated roadmap
- To forward specific standardization issues to relevant SGs and other SDOs as appropriate
- To act as a single point of contact within ITU-T with other SDOs in order to avoid duplication of work
- To examine the best way to make available the most urgent deliverables on network aspects of identification systems (including RFID) (in particular, proposing the creation of focus group(s) for the most urgent topics with corresponding terms of reference).
The JCA-NID activities will report its progress to TSAG.
The first meeting of JCA-NID will be held on 19-21 September 2006.