1) to facilitate a strong and effective global radio standards collaboration on BWA standardization;
2) to encourage PSOs and other standards bodies to develop harmonized broadband access standards to support delivery to rural and remote communities that address their unique geographical, operational and technical challenges;
3) to encourage PSOs to take into account, in the development of broadband standards, the need for cost-effective solutions;
4) to encourage PSOs to develop innovative solutions that would support the use of lower frequency bands to achieve greater coverage and reliability for the delivery of broadband services in rural areas;
5) to encourage PSOs to take into account in the development of broadband standards, evolving technology and application trends that could support deployment of broadband systems in rural and remote areas. (e.g., hybrid wireline and wireless architectures; convergence of certain mobile and fixed service technologies and applications);
6) to encourage PSOs to take into account the transition of analogue to digital TV below 1GHz in the development of wireless broadband standards suitable for use in remote and rural areas; and
7) to encourage the inclusion of smart radio technology in broadband services intended to operate in remote and rural areas to allow access to underutilized radio spectrum.