|The Radiocommunication Bureau (BR) is the executive arm of the Radiocommunication Sector, and is headed by an elected Director who is responsible for the coordination of the work of the Sector. The Director of the BR is assisted by a team of high-calibre engineers, computer specialists and managers who, together with administrative staff, make up the Radiocommunication Bureau.
The Radiocommunication Bureau:
- provides administrative and technical support to Radiocommunication Conferences, Radiocommunication Assemblies and Study Groups, including Working Parties and Task Groups;
- applies the provisions of the Radio Regulations and various Regional Agreements;
- records and registers frequency assignments and also orbital characteristics of space services, and maintains the Master International Frequency Register;
- provides advice to Member States on the equitable, effective and economical use of the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits, and investigates and assists in resolving cases of harmful interference;
- coordinates the preparation, editing and dispatch of circulars, documents and publications developed within the Sector;
- provides technical information, organizes seminars on national frequency management and radiocommunications, and works closely with the ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau in assisting developing countries.