- Establish a group of collaborators, often referred to as a
group, to participate in the progress of the study. An updated list of
collaborators should be kept by BDT.
- Establish a work plan in consultation with the group of collaborators. The
work plan should be reviewed periodically by the study group and contain the
- list of tasks to be completed;
- target dates for milestones;
- results anticipated, including titles of
- liaison required with other groups, and
schedules for liaisons, if known;
- proposed meeting(s) of rapporteur's
group and estimated dates, with request for interpretation, if any.
- Adopt work methods appropriate to the group. Use of electronic document
handling (EDH), electronic and facsimile mail to exchange views is strongly
- Act as chairman at all meetings of the group of collaborators. If special
meetings of the group of collaborators are necessary, give appropriate advance
- Delegate portions of the work to vice-rapporteurs or other collaborators,
depending on the workload.
- Keep the study group management team regularly informed of the work
progress. In case no progress can be reported on a given Question between two
study group meetings, the rapporteur should nevertheless submit a report
indicating the possible reasons for the lack of progress. To allow the chairman
and BDT to take the necessary steps for the work to be done on the Question,
reports should be submitted at least two months before the study group meeting.
- Keep the study group informed of the progress of work through reports to
study group meetings. The reports should be in the form of white contributions
(when substantial progress has been made such as completion of draft
recommendations or a report) or temporary documents.
- The progress report mentioned in §§ 6 and 7 above should, as far as
applicable, comply with the format given in § 10.2 of section 1.
- Ensure that liaison statements are submitted as soon as possible after all
meetings, with copies to the study group chairmen and BDT. Liaison statements
must contain the information described on the Template for liaison statements
described in Annex 4 to this resolution. BDT may provide assistance in
distributing the liaison statements.
- Oversee the quality of texts up to and including the final text submitted