Template/outline for proposed Questions and issues
for study and consideration by ITU-D
* Information in italics describes the information which should be provided
by the originator under each heading.
Title of Question or issue (the title replaces this heading)
1 Statement of the situation or problem
(the notes follow these
* Provide an overall general description of the situation or problem which is
proposed for study, with specific focus on:
- the implications for developing countries and LDCs;
- gender perspective; and
- how a solution will benefit these countries. Indicate why the
problem or situation warrants study at this time.
2 Question or issue for study
* State the Question or issue that is proposed for study, expressed as
clearly as possible. The tasks should be tightly focused.
3 Expected output
* Provide a detailed description of the expected output of the study. This
should include a general indication of the organizational level or status of
those who are expected to use and to benefit from the output.
* Indicate the required timing, noting that the urgency of the output will
influence both the method used to carry out the study, and the depth and breadth
of the study.
* Identify by organization and contact point those proposing and supporting
6 Sources of input
* Indicate what types of organizations are expected to provide contributions
to further the work, e.g. Member States, Sector Members, Associates, other UN
agencies, regional groups, BDT focal points as appropriate, etc.
* Also include any other information, including potentially useful resources,
that will be helpful to those responsible for carrying out the study.
7 Target audience
* Indicate expected types of target audience, by noting all relevant points
on the matrix which follows:
Where appropriate, please provide explanatory notes as to why certain matrix
points were included or excluded.
a) Target audience – Who specifically will use the output
* Indicate as precisely as possible which individuals/groups/regions within
the target organizations will use the output.
b) Proposed methods for the implementation of the results
* In the originator's opinion, how should the results of this work best be
distributed to and used by the target audience.
8 Proposed methods of handling the Question or issue
* Indicate the suggested handling of the proposed Question or issue
1) Within a study group:
|Question (over a multi-year study period)
2) Within regular BDT activity:
|3) In other ways – describe (e.g. regional, within other
jointly with other organizations, etc.)
* Explain why you selected the alternative under a) above
* Include, inter alia, the requirements for coordination of the study with
- regular ITU-D activities;
- other study group Questions or issues;
- regional organizations, as appropriate;
- work in progress in the other ITU Sectors.
10 BDT programme link
* Note the BDT programme that would best contribute to, help
facilitate, and make use of the outputs and results of this question.
11 Other relevant information
* Include any other information that will be helpful in establishing how this
Question or issue should best be studied, and on what schedule.