ITU announced today that Intel Corporation, the global leader in silicon chip innovation, will join ITU Telecom World 2013 as a partner, co-hosting sessions on leveraging the power of information and communication technologies (ICT) to transform education.
The leading networking, knowledge-sharing and innovation showcasing platform for the global ICT community, ITU Telecom World 2013 will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, 19-22 November, bringing together an influential audience of private and public sector leaders from across the world.
Intel Education Solutions, created in recognition of the need for quality education to prepare tomorrow's workforce in an increasingly global economy, will host three interactive panel sessions and a ministerial round table at the event, focused on harnessing investment in ICT to accelerate technology adoption, transform education and advance economies and societies:
- Education Transformation: Content that Matters
– how traditional educational material must evolve to make the most of broadband delivery and help students acquire 21st century skills.
- Education Transformation: Financing e-Learning Programmes
– exploring the role of governments and public private partnerships in funding technology and multidisciplinary education projects.
- Education Transformation: From Vision to Action
– learning lessons from current national and regional education transformation projects.
- Ministerial Roundtable on The Importance of ICT in 21st Century Education
– bringing together the experiences, best practices and e-education initiatives of ministers from around the world.
“Education is critical to unlocking the power of grey matter, the human brain, the only natural resource distributed equally across the globe”, said ITU Secretary-General Hamadoun I. Touré. “Investing in ICT for education can transform outcomes for individuals, economies and societies at an unprecedented pace and scale. I believe that ITU Telecom World 2013 offers the ideal platform for government leaders and private sector innovators to come together, debate and share knowledge to ensure we achieve this common aim”.
“As a proud partner of ITU Telecom World 2013, Intel welcomes the opportunity to meet and learn from other leaders—and to share visions, practical strategies, and best practices from ICT-enabled education transformation initiatives that Intel has supported in more than 100 countries”, said John E. Davies, Vice President and General Manager, World Ahead Group, Intel Corporation.
Intel will also showcase its work on driving broadband adoption and education transformation on the showfloor at ITU Telecom World 2013, including new technologies, integrated solutions and real-life case studies supporting teaching and learning from kindergarten to university and beyond.
Elsewhere on the event programme, Intel executives will contribute to debates on Spectrum for the Future and The Internet of Everything. For full details of the ITU Telecom World 2013 programme, please see http://world2013.itu.int/event/programme/
(Source: ITU Newsroom