30 June deadline approaching for submission of technological solutions to development challenges.
Only four weeks remain for young social technopreneurs from around the world to submit applications to the ITU Telecom World 2013 Young Innovatorsí Competition and win up to USD 10,000 in seed funding. The deadline is 30 June 2013.
The third edition of the annual Young Innovatorsí Competition seeks innovative ICT-based solutions to six Global Challenges. It is open to any young person between the ages of 18 and 26 with an original concept or start-up with the potential to impact the world and improve people's lives through the use of connected technologies (ICTs).
Submissions must address one of the following Global Challenges:
- Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
- Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail levels
- Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
- Improve natural disaster prediction and response
- Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
- Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
Ten winning finalists will be selected to attend in Bangkok, 19-22 November 2013. ITU Telecom World 2013 is the leading platform for debate, networking, innovation showcasing and knowledge-exchange for the global ICT community. Young Innovatorsí Competition finalists will take part in workshops, pitching sessions, mentoring and networking, in addition to receiving up to USD 10,000 prize money to further develop their project. Competition details are here
For more information visit world2013.itu.int/#itu_2013
Chief, Media Relations and Public Information
+41 22 730 5046
+41 79 249 email@example.com
(Source: ITU Newsroom