On April 2, World Pulse is launching the fourth annual year of Voices of Our Future, their online training program in new media, citizen journalism and empowerment that gives a new generation of emerging leaders the skills and knowledge they need to actualize and vocalize their visions for themselves, their communities and the world.
During the month-long application process, women from around the world receive learning materials via online classroom introducing them to the frontiers of new media and women’s empowerment. They are asked to complete four short writing assignments, which are evaluated by their volunteer Listeners and staff. Later they invite 30 of those women to join their six month training program starting in June.
Benefits of the full program include:
- New media and citizen journalism training by renowned experts, including program partners The Global Press Institute and The Op-Ed Project
- Personal mentoring sessions and support from a Vision Mentor
- An Editorial Mentor to help hone your unique voice
- Opportunities for publication through World Pulse and partner media organizations
- Opportunities to connect with grassroots women leaders from around the globe
- Increased visibility for issues and challenges faced by you and your community
In the last two years, over 1,700 women from 140 countries have applied. Join the growing wave of empowered voices across the globe!Visit the "Voices of Our Future" Application Group to applyFurther details