Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) from the Inter American Development Bank
(IDB) announced the approval of total grants US$ 2 million to fund
seven pilot projects of information and communication technology (ICT)
to benefit small and medium enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean. Among these Projects is Turístic: A Showcase for the World Tolima, University of Ibague (Colombia).
projects were selected through a call of the Programme for Innovation
in Information and Communications Technology for Electronic Commerce
and the Development of SMEs. From more than 400 proposals submitted by organizations from 21 countries in the region, were chosen as follows:
- ICTs to strengthen SME business National consortium partners by Intercooperation Foundation of Ecuador.
Information System for Agricultural and Agroindustrial Sector- The virtual
extension, Foundation for Agricultural Technological Innovation
(FIAGRO), El Salvador.
- System Information and Training for Quality Seeds, Vox Terra de Bolivia.
- Turistic: A Showcase from Tolima for the World, University of Ibague, Colombia.
- Virtual Platform Bahamas, Center of Commerce from Bahamas.
- Innovative Technology Platform for Foreign Trade - PTI-COMEX, Cluster Technology Córdoba, Argentina.
Innovation in ICT for Industry Development of the Carnival of Trinidad y Tobago, Coalition of Services of Trinidad y Tobago.
(Research Centre for Telecommunications) Further details