global citizens will offer considerable commercial and social opportunities.
In October, thousands of influential private and public sector players will
congregate in Geneva to make sure the right frameworks are in place to connect
This debate would not be complete without the fresh thinking of young digital
innovators. ITU WORLD 2011 will deliver competitions to engage new audiences and
invite them to design innovative connected products. They will be aimed at three
stages of the talent flow: young entrepreneurs and developers and successful
social entrepreneurs seeking second stage investment.
This competition will engage young talent under 25, positively weighting women,
unemployed and disabled youth.
- Brief Posted on the website
- Talent post seed ideas in response to the challenge
- The competition is based on peer review. Online communities will vote
for their entries.
- Selected talent will be invited to attend a development workshop
- Developed pitches will be delivered at the event
- The best are invited to give a presentation at the Broadband Leadership
- Participants and online communities will be invited to vote for their
- At the finale of the event, votes will be counted. Most forward-looking
entries will be awarded seed funding (covering travel, time and expenses)
and industry mentorship
- They report back during the development process and deliver case studies
at WORLD 2012
WHAT KIND OF IDEAS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Winning ideas should use available technology connected in innovative ways to
provide clear solutions to identified real world social and/or environmental
challenges in the developing world.
Please feel free to contact me at
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information.