|Title||Master Plan for Wireless Broadband Access in Africa|
The project aims to facilitate deployment of wireless broadband in developing and least developed countries. ITU in close collaboration with the Korean Government, intends to implement a project on master plan for wireless broadband access in the Africa Region.
Under this project the following outputs will be delivered:
- Survey results on the status of the broadband connectivity in general and wireless broadband access in Africa region;
- Collected information on development of appropriate policies, regulations and capacity building, including licensing, and planning for deploying wireless broadband access networks, from Guidelines and Recommendations developed by ITU;
- Wireless Broadband access Master Plans for at least 4 and up to 6 selected countries in the Africa Region within the limit of budget;
- Enhanced skills through training for making wireless broadband access master plan;
- The KPIs in this project will be the number of projects established and implemented and the number of enhanced skills.
|Time Frame||From 1/1/2012 To 31/12/2015|
|ITU Project Management Team||TUMELO, C. Mrs.|
|Implementing Agency||International Telecommunication Union (ITU)|
|Relation to the Resolutions||
|Relation to the WSIS Action Lines||
|Financial Scale (CHF)||100'000 - 500'000|