Vodacom Tanzania Limited
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania's leading cellular network offering GSM communication services to more than 10 million customers across the country. Vodacom Tanzania is a subsidiary company of Vodacom Group (Pty) Limited, South Africa which is also a subsidiary of Vodafone Group UK. Vodacom Group (Pty) Limited owns a majority share portion of 65%, the remaining 35% is owned by Tanzanian shareholder, one Mirambo ltd. In January 2007, Vodacom reached another milestone as it connected its third million subscriber, and became the first mobile network in Tanzania Today, 10 years later the company has over 10 million subscribers and still counting. Its product portfolio offers voice, data, leased lines, PABX connectivity, international connectivity, WiMAX solutions, remote communication solutions over satellite and banking solutions.
|Based in||Tanzania (United Republic of)|
|ITU Global Directory||Vodacom Tanzania Limited|
|Mr Rene Meza|
Mr Rene Meza brings with him over fifteen years of international experience in the telecommunications industry from three different continents in emerging markets: Africa, Asia and Latin-America. Paraguayan by nationality, prior to joining Vodacom Tanzania as Managing Director, Rene was the Managing Director of Bharti Airtel Kenya. Prior to that Rene was the Chief Executive Officer of the mobile operator Tigo in Tanzania. Before that, as Chief Operating Officer of Millicom Pakistan he was responsible for the overall performance of the mobile company till late 2006. From 1996 till late 2005 Rene had led various managerial positions in the mobile operator Tigo in Paraguay. After having worked in Africa, Asia & Latin-America for over a decade, Rene has acquired wide and diverse international experience in the telecommunications industry with strong focus on building sustainable operations coupled with the best international practices