Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group
Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal (Economy & Business) Group is a multi-faceted organization encompassing a number of business divisions. Its mission is to bridge business communication in the Arab region and to expand business relations internationally, by creating networking opportunities for entrepreneurs through its pioneer magazines, conferencing and trade promotion events.
Aside from its pioneer Economy & Business magazine, and Al Defaiya defense magazine, the Group includes a business line of conferences and exhibitions to foster investment in the region. The focus of conferences is centered on capital markets, trade, investment, IT and telecommunications, tourism, insurance, electricity and infrastructure. The Conferencing Division also provides new product launchings, seminars, meetings and event planning, media and PR campaigns, graphic design, special issue publication and other communication services.
|Categories||Consulting Firms ; Publishers|
|ITU Global Directory||Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group|
|Chief Executive Officer|
|Mr. Raouf Abou-Zaki|
- CEO of Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal
- Editor in Chief of Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Magazine
- Secretary General of the Arab Union of Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Forum affiliated with the Council of Arab Economic Unity and the League of Arab States
- Member of the Lebanese private sector to the Arab Economic and Social Council of the League of Arab States
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon and Chairman of the Chamber’s Investment Committee.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Swiss-Arab Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Lebanese Management Association
- Vice Chairman of the Investment Development Authority of Lebanon (IDAL) – a public institution attached to the office of the Prime Minister of Lebanon-until December 2001.
- Founder of Orient Press: The first Arab agency specialized in economic news and analysis.
- Founder of “Al-Aamal” Magazine in 1985, a joint project between “Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal” magazine and the Financial Times.
- Supervisor of the Economics Department in Al Hawadeth Magazine and Al-Mustaqbal Magazine in 1980’s
- Economic Presenter on Radio Monte Carlo during 1980’s.
Before establishing the Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group in 1979, Mr. Abou Zaki was the business editor of Al-Nahar newspaper in Beirut from 1965 to 1979.