The Forum will
aim to be as interactive as possible to encourage lively discussion, debate and
solutions. The Forum will be opened by Dr.Mohan Kaul, CEO, Commonwealth Business
Council, Minister Deelchand Jeeha, Minister for Information Technology and
Telecommunications and Mr. Hamadoun I. Toure, Director, ITU Telecommunication
Development Bureau (BDT), Dr.Henry Chasia, E-Africa Commission and the
Honourable Paul Raymond Bérenger, Prime Minister.
• The Forum will include a mixture of plenary and multi-stakeholder roundtables.
• On the first day there will be a "ministerial" session drawing on the
experiences and challenges facing LDCs; launch of a publication on market
opportunities in least developed countries’ ICT sector; a scene setting session;
a private sector roundtable.
• The second day will focus primarily on discussing ICT projects covering
infrastructure, universal access, education and SME
• There will be up to four speakers each speaking for not more than 10-15
minutes on projects that are at different stages of the project cycle.
• The projects will will have been identified in advance of the Forum.
• Each session will conclude with questions and answers.
The goal of the Forum is to challenge delegates to provide real world,
deployable ICT solutions for development and to encourage practitioners and
high-level participants to brainstorm real world ICT driven solutions, which
will meet development challenges head-on.