A survey of Turkish operator, Turkcell's VINN modem subscribers found that 34% of Turkcell's customers who now use VINN 3G modems have become Internet subscribers for the first time.
Turkcell CEO Sureyya Ciliv said: "Turkcell 3G, with its speed and mobility, has introduced Turkish customers to the Internet and helped them get easier, and thus more frequent, access to the Internet. Turkcell has always been passionate about 3G and its potential to help increase Internet usage in Turkey. We continue to be the leader in 3G in Turkey with the widest coverage, the fastest mobile Internet, the best quality and most affordable service."
Turkcell 3G in numbers:
- Turkcell has sold about 200,000 VINN modems and netbooks since it introduced 3G on July 30th 2009
- The number of people in Turkey who have transitioned to 3G since July 30th is more than 4 million
- There are about 2 million active 3G users in Turkey
- The number of Turkcell subscribers who have used Turkcell's video service has reached 1 million
- About 72% of Turkcell's total data traffic takes place within the 3G network
- 93% of VINN modem users prefer 4GB packages and 78% of VINN subscribers use Turkcell 3G for their broadband Internet needs
This research was conducted in November 2009 among Turkcell's VINN modem subscribers.
Source: Cellular News