International Telecommunication Union   ITU
 
 
Site Map Contact us Print Version
 Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hong Kong ended fiscal 2007 with 9.356 million mobile users, up 7 percent from 8.693 million users at the end of fiscal 2006, according to figures from regulator OFTA. Telecommunications services revenue totalled HKD 52.811 billion, up 3 percent from HKD 51.094 billion. Cable TV subscribers rose to 1.53 million, up 10 percent from 1.39 million. ISDN subscribers increased to 13121 from 12009. ISDN B channel equivalent subscribers increased to 79,458 subscribers from 75,493 subscribers. International outgoing telephone minutes totalled 6.747 billion, up 14 percent from 5.909 billion. International incoming telephone minutes increased nearly 8 percent to 2.291 billion from 2.122 billion. International bothway telephone minutes increased 12.5 percent to 9.038 billion from 8.031 billion. Full-time telecommunication staff decreased to 17,935 from 19,019 staff previously. 135.40 percent of the population was covered compared to 124.8 percent in the previous year. Main telephone lines in operation increased to 3.85 million versus 3.798 million. Public payphones decreased to 6182 from 6769 payphones.

Source: Wireless Foundation.