The government of Equatorial Guinea has launched a telecoms operator called Gecomsa (Guinea Ecuatorial Comunicaciones Sociedad Anonima). Equatorial Guinea is currently served by two telecoms operators – Getesa and Hits. Gecomsa will provide mobile voice and internet services across Equatorial Guinea. Gecomsa is a joint venture between the government of Equatorial Guinea, which owns a 51 percent stake in the company, and the government of China with the remaining 49 percent.
Source: Telecom Paper.