Among the American countries Brazil has been identified as an
interesting case for investigation of possible approaches to the
development of the broadband infrastructure. The following
presentation provides a brief overview of the research results.
Presented material has been developed based on the desktop
research for the purposes of the NLP-BBI Project only. For more
information on please see references in presentation.
the presentation material, please click
Broadband Development in Brazil
Presentation material depicts Brazilian approach and
background for introducing the legislative measures to develop
the broadband infrastructure. The most important objectives that
driven Brazilian Government include:
- creating new opportunities for the citizens,
- accelerating economic and social development,
- reducing social inequalities at all levels,
- promoting the generation integration with the new
- expanding electronic government services to citizens
- facilitating the use of state services,
- Promoting capacity building population for the use of
information technologies and technological autonomy and
- increasing the competitiveness of Brazil.