The Director opens the 16th meeting of the Telecommunication Development Advisory Board (TDAG), which takes place in Geneva from 29 June to 1 July 2011.
The TDAG meets between the World Telecommunication Development Conferences (WTDC) to advise the Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) on the implementation of the WTDC Action Plan, including issues relating to the budget and the operational plan of the ITU-D.
It is open to representatives of Member States, Sector Members and to chairmen and vice-chairmen of study groups. In addition, the Director may invite representatives of bilateral cooperation and development aid agencies, and multilateral development institutions to participate in the meetings.
Some of the key topics addressed by the 16th meeting of the TDAG are the following:
· Consideration of the outcome of WTDC-10, in particular the Hyderabad Action Plan
· PP-10 Resolutions related to the work of ITU-D
· ITU-D 4-year Rolling Operational Plan 2011-2014
· Review of implementation of the Operational Plan
· BDT main activities and initiatives
The meeting was attended by 125 participants from 52 Member States and 20 ITU-D Sector Members.
The Director’s opening remarks can be found here.
ITU HQ, Geneva 29/06/2011 - 01/07/2011