OECD, together with the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, and the National IT and Telecom Agency, will hold a Workshop on ICTs and Environmental Challenges at Eigtveds Pakhus, Copenhagen, Denmark on 22-23 May 2008.
The aim of this workshop is to:
- Take stock of the impacts of information and communication technologies (ICTs) on the environment.
- Identify areas for further analysis of the application and use of ICTs to further environmental goals.
- Identify opportunities and best practices in the use of ICTs, the Internet and sensor networks in environmental management, energy efficiency, cleaner technologies and improved resource management.
- Consider policy implications and the development of goals and priorities in efficient buildings, transport and distribution systems that harness the potential of ICT-based systems and sensor networks.
- Contribute to preparation of the OECD Seoul Ministerial on the Internet Economy, the Hokkaido G8 meeting, and the planned OECD conference in 2009 and the United Nations Climate Change Conference in 2009.
For more information about this workshop, click here or visit the The Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation and the National IT and Telecom Agency's website.