The ITU High-Level Panel at WSIS will discuss the implications of the convergence of telecommunication, media and information technology sectors as well as the impact of rapid innovations on the achievement of the 2015 connectivity goals.
The WSIS Geneva Declaration of Principles and Plan of Action set ambitious goals for bridging the digital divide by 2015. They will require strong commitments from all stakeholders at national, regional and international levels.
Moderation: Ms. Aiko Doden, NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corp. presenter, WSIS Goodwill Ambasador of Japan
H.E. Dayanidhi Maran, Union Minister for Communications and Information Technologies, India
- H.E. Philippe Mvouo, Minister for Post, Telecommunications and New Information and Communication Technologies, Republic of the Congo
- Dr. Yeongi Son, President of the Korea Agency for Digital Opportunity and Promotion
- Dr. Sabiletso Mokoe-Matabane, CEO of Sentech, South Africa
- Mr. Simon Beresford Wylie, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Networks, Nokia
- Dr. Stephen Collins, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Skype
- Mr. Peter Bladin, Vice President,Grameen Foundation, USA and Director of Technology Center
For more information on panel, please click here.
For more information on ITU activities related to WSIS, please click here.