A joint ITU-T/Global Grid Forum (GGF) workshop on NGN and Grids will take place at ITU headquarters, Geneva, from 23 to 24 October 2006 inclusive. The invitation letter contains additional details and a provisional agenda. The objective of the meeting is to:
- Review the present status of applications, services and business opportunities in Grid networks and NGNs.
- Discuss future evolution for Grids and NGNs both in terms of business opportunities and related technical requirements.
- Identify relevant existing international standards as well as gaps in the standardization framework for Grids and NGNs.
- Understand what additional features required by Grids should be considered in ITU-Tís NGN Release 2.
- Identify the impact of NGN on Grids.
- Contribute to the establishment of a roadmap for future standardization activities among major players.
- Prepare a coordinated action plan on urgent standardization issues between standards developing organizations and fora/consortia working in this area.