The International Telecommunication Union is pleased to announce the 2006 ITU Young Minds in Telecoms competition.
The essay topics for this year's Young Minds competition are:
- What are the key opportunities and threats raised by the growing use of services over IP, such as voice (VoIP) and television (i.e. IPTV)?
- What are, in your view, the most important regulatory challenges raised by an increasingly wireless world?
- What does the term "internet governance" mean to you? What needs to change as a result of the World Summit on the Information Society outcomes?
- What, in your view, are the most important mechanisms available today for bridging the digital divide by bringing connectivity to underserved areas of the world?
- How can the interests of end-users in the information society (e.g. affordability, privacy protection) be balanced with the interests of business (bottom line, rapid innovation)?
Information on eligibility and how to apply can be accessed on the link below.
Deadline for applications is 17 March 2006.
Click here to learn more about the 2006 ITU Young Minds in Telecoms competition.